Home › Forums › 4. Implement Section Discussion (September 14 to October 4) › Key Decisions – How to Implement the Business Plan?
September 16, 2021 at 1:19 pm #2040Judy EvansKeymaster
This is the section of the course where we explore what day to day operations of the business look like.
Let’s explore your ideas and questions.
JudySeptember 18, 2021 at 7:34 am #2044Chris AyotteParticipant
Good morning, Bootcamp.
I have made my way through the module and am at the point of thinking about the presentation. I have a few observations.
– I like the canvas and it remains a living document that I keep going back to after discover interviews or other research. This alone is well worth the investment in time in this bootcamp.
– After working through the cost structures, I realize that my model, if done right, will require minimal start up costs. This is something I will want to discuss in more detail with Judy and Erin.
– I think being someone with a pension gives you a different approach and mindset to being an entrepreneur. I have not given it a lot of thought, but I think it’s an aspect that needs to be explored by each person as to how this can be a positive (reliable cash flow) or a negative (lessen a sense of urgency on generating revenues). Not sure of the exact details for me personally, but a thought I wanted to share.
– One aspect I’m trying to figure out is the need for assistance in marketing. Can I self drive this with LinkenIn, Square Space, and other do-it-yourslef tools or is the investment in professional marketing and branding worthwhile for my business model. Not sure yet.
Finally, it would be great to understand some effective ways to get feedback from the group on our presentations. Not wanting to burden everyone with multiple slide decks, I was planning on a narrative that describes the pitch. This will be easily digested in this forum, but with Erin or Judy have some advice on this, I would appreciate the insight.
That’s it for now.
ChrisSeptember 20, 2021 at 3:43 pm #2048Judy EvansKeymaster
Good question – “How to gain feedback from the group on your presentation?”
The intent of the Business Model Canvas presentations on October 16 and 17, is for a group to attend for the whole presentation time, to present to not only Erin and I but to each other to gain insights and allow for the exchange of ideas.
Chris has booked his presentation spot on October 16th, at 9 am MDT. Let’s fill the October 16 and 17 – 3 hour slots with participants (note, you can attend both days).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.